Shrikrishna Prabhakar Kulkarni on 07 October 2012

Fake irda insurance verification department call from delhi

I have unit linked insurance policies in active status with ICICI prudential and max newyork life. I got call from irda insu.Verification department saying company not giving you benefit through agent and can be directly transferred to companies code. Also company has sanctioned scholarship on policy but not informed to you. You can claim money after taking new policy in same ICICI company as security fund and change of agent code to company code. I am doubtful about information given and hence I have yet not accepted request. I am of this opinion that when irda is supposed to support the customer then why not taking action against those fraud activities

Icici Prudential Life Insurance

Dear mr. Budhaulia

we have received reports about unauthorized individuals posing as official representatives of the company or regulator contacting customers for pitching new policies. We appreciate the fact that you have highlighted the issue to us. To enable us to investigate on the issue we would request you to share your policy number with us by contacting us on 1860 266 7766 or via e-mail at lifeline@iciciprulife.Com. Request you to quote the reference number 001203_aaab1 whilst sharing the details.

We hope our continued efforts help safeguard your interests.

ICICI prudential life insurance

Gaurav Mittal

Dear all

today I recieved a call from insurance verification department saying that he is representing all private insurance services and needed to know if I have any insurance from any of the companies in private sector.

He said that he wanted to confirm if I got my bonus or not as all the companies recently provided bonus to the existing members.

He called from :- 01204931250.

Details asked was :-

relation ship with nominee

house no

contact no

etc....

I feel that this call is a fraud and so didn't gave nay correct information.

Please advice if this is fraud or a true investigation going on

Nemin Ajmera

today I recieved a call from insurance verification department saying that she is representing all private insurance services and needed to know if I have any insurance from any of the companies in private sector.

she said that he wanted to confirm if I got my bonus or not as all the companies recently

Details asked was :-

relation ship with nominee

house no

contact no

etc....

I feel that this call is a fraud and so didn't gave ny information.

Please advice if this is fraud or a true investigation going on

S M

I have been receiving these calls everyday for the last few days. I have my insurance policies with ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company. The latest call that came in today was from a Sanjay Kumar. The phone no. is (+91) 9136672796. This guy told me he is calling from IRDA verification department Delhi office. On probing this guy started giving all sorts of stories and asking me to note down the address if I wished to complain -

Address provided as follows -

Jeevan Tara Building Third Floor Sansad Marg New Delhi-110001

Cs Sebastian

FAKE CALLS POSING FROM IRDA!

I have insurance Policy in ICICI Prudential. I got series of calls in Jan 2014 from one man introduced as Aditya Agarwal of IRDA saying company not giving you benefit through agent and can be directly transferred to companies code. You can money after taking new policy in Birla Sun Life Company as security fund and change of agent code to company code. And the Amount with the Premium Paid in Birla Sunlife will be paid to the Individual after 3 Months and 11 Days after remitting the Premium of the New Policy. Beleiving that I took One Policy of Birla Sulife in Jan 2014. But in the end of March 2014 I got again calls saying that the rules are Changed and the Premium of Birla Sun Life is Inadequate and Further Policy of much higher Value to be taken and the Payment will be made after 3 Months and 11 Days. Somehow I felt this a Cheating Trap and did not take a 2nd Policy.

Few others also talked posing as from IRDA but I replied 'If the call is for Investment please don't talk'.

Now it has come down but some other people started calling posing as from Insurance Solutions. Somehow I don't entertain those calls.

On 2-3 occasions I received calls from someone introducing as from Reliance Life Insurance and was asking 'Whether the Policy of ICICI Prudential is active or surrendered?

If some one can clarify on these it will be helpful to all.

Ghanshyam Thakur

I have received today a call from Vishal Jain from +91-7042895573 he said his Employee Code IVD-3500325-VJ he said calling from Insurance Verification Department and asked me to write an email to de-associate your exisiting agent so as to credit the agent commission directly to your account. I asked for Agent name he told Shalu Verma which was wrong I immediately doubted him and told him I won't send any email unless I am receive any email from LIC department itself. I have doubt that there is a nexus of fake agencies and have association with IRDA from where the complaints leaks out and they try to exploit to the customer because just a few days back I had registered a complaint in IRDA for a settlement of my policy with LIC.

I want to register a complaint against this call. Can any one advise me to where in order to punish such a fake agent.

Thanks