Arindam Bose on 04 September 2012

Passport file sent to another police station and yet no action is taken

I had submitted my passport application on 18/04/2012 02:51 pm for fresh passport (normal). My file number is ca2061412394612 the status reads: "police verification (pv) has been initiated and a pv request has been sent to dcsc office, district kolkata. Your passport will be dispatched after clear police verification report is received at regional passport office". But my local police station is barasat and I mentioned it while filling up the application. I tried to call passport seva kendra on the toll free number 800, but there was no one to pick my call up. Though it is written that the customer care service is available from 8 am to 10 pm. Fortunately once I got some personnel, he told me that once they have sent the file to the respective thana, they have nothing to do else. I went to the passport office of barasat (sp office, moyna), they are telling that they have not received any file for police verification yet. I also went kolkata dcsc office, they are also telling me that they don't know where my file is and if the file is sent there mistakenly, it is not their responsibility to sent the file back to proper place. So I am helpless, my file is floating now. I don't even know its status quo now . Recently I have examination for studying overseas, but all my proceedings are being delayed for not getting my passport yet. My preparation is also getting disturbed by this kind of harassment for last four and half months. Please help me. I will be very thankful to you if you please co-operate with me.