Tahir Mazhar Siddiqui on 19 May 2011

Illegal deductions and harassment by star health & allied insurance company limited

Dear sir, re: illegal deductions and harassment by star health & allied insurance company limited against my mediclaim insurance policy no.: P/161119/01/2011001778. My son was hospilitized at mehsana (gujarat) and ahemdabad (gujarat) in the month of march 2011 and successive two claims were lodged to star health and allied insurance company limited as per details below. Policy no. : P/161119/01/2011001778 name of claimant : danish tahir siddiqui customer ID : 41-3 I) claim no. : 2233 duration of stay in hospital : 2011 to 2011 at samarpan children hospital – mehsana claim amount : rs. 9.75 II) claim no. : 2231 duration of stay in hospital : 2011 to 2011 at akaansha children hospital – ahemdabad claim amount : rs. 1.00 the claim for re-imbursement of medical expenses towards the above mentioned mediclaim insurance policy was lodge to star health and allied insurance company limited on 2011 thru blue dart courier vide consignment no. 6576 along with dully signed claim form with all prescription and all medicines receipts etc. In the mean while, on my repeated failed efforts to contact the lucknow branch manager shri vikas gupta and the concerned agent (pankaj mathur) from whom I have brought the mediclaim policy, for followup for the know how of my claims. Both of has not ever answered my phone calls. On 9th april, while following up on my claims on toll free numbers of star health and allied insurance company limited, it was acknowledge & confirmed by the call center executive that: 1. Rs 6600 was approved against my claim of rs 9.75 2. Rs 3.00 was approved against my claim of rs 1.00 again on 2011 after knowing the fate of my claims I have been repeated calling on shri vikas gupta cell phone 9973 & 330) and direct landline no. 7063 but same was not honored by him. So after repeated failed efforts to contact shri vikas gupta, I have personally come down to lucknow on 30th april from mehsana (gujurat) to seek his clarification of the deductions and his indifferent attitude. I was intimated by him at his office the below: 1. Star doctor believes that your sons stay was sufficient for 3 days at ahemdabad hospital so only 3 day stay at ahemdabad was passed. 2. Your room rent was only rs 1000 per day, so the deductions of 4 days medical treatment and 3 days excess room rent was made and the same is final. 3. On deduction of rs 00/- Against my claim of rs 9.75 at mehsana hospital, the answer was not even given. Please note: 1. The treatment of my son from a very qualified and competent pediatrics expert was done, the explanation given by shri vikas gupta was very inhuman and just not justified. 2. I would like to state that, after suffering of 44 days of mental harassment by shri vikas gupta’s attitude and his false commitment, misguidance regarding room rent at the time of enrolling the above said mediclaim policy in february 009, I was confirmed by shri vikas gupta that room rent of 1% of my sum assured is my entitlement and all medical expenses will be reimbursed to me as and when the cliams ariases. Also I have been provided a letter from star health and allied insurance company limited (copy enclosed) on room rent, which is self explanatory. 3. I was not even offered the chair to sit and even a glass of water to have while reaching shri vikas gupta office (star health and allied insurance company limited) at MID noon in this scorching heat. 4. I have also contacted the zonal manager mr. R. S. Singh (who sits at lucknow) but he is also mum on my request. The room rent copy was also made available to him but the silence continues and fate of both of my claims is just rs 80/- Against rs 0.75 which is not justified and correct. 5. I fell excruciating pain in writing this e-mail to you but the insouciant attitude of star health and allied insurance company limited executives and their prejudice opinion and decision on my claims has forced to lodge my formal complain to your office for justice. 6. After filling proper complaint to star health and allied insurance company limited authorities regarding illegal deductions along with misguidance, misleading and cheating along with pushing me to state of predicament by adopting the insouciant attitude of making mental harassment and misbehaving. I humbly request you to please look into my complaint and direct the concerned authorities of star health and allied insurance company limited to have a fair settlement of my both the claims. Please do justice to me, so that the benefit of mediclaim insurance could be accomplish. Looking forward for your kind perusal. With warm regards, tahir mazhar siddiqui house no. 3, alif bunglows, behind madina masjid, visnagar road, mehsana - 384 001 (gujarat) cell: 3751 6500

Piyush Talus

Hi tahir

the incident mentioned by you is really touching. I hope you get the justice at the earliest.

Wish you good luck.