Abdul Majeed on 10 June 2012

Airtel digital tv - not installed on time

I purchased airtel dth connection on 9th of june 012. I DID a ivr transaction (transaction ID : 780) and the customer care representative has assured me that the installation will happen in 24 hrs. She also assured me that it will happen within 24 hours though it is a sunday (10th june 12). On sunday, I have called airtel dth customer care for 6 times and there was no proper response from the representatives even for a single time. They have a standard response that they will check with the installation team and will arrange a callback. For the entire day, I have not received even a single call from the airtel dth personnel on this. I have not gone out of home for the whole day just waiting for this people to come & complete the installation. I have simply wasted my sunday for this people and we can't even watch the news for the whole day. I have suffered great mental trauma for the whole day, calling this people multiple time. I am using multiple airtel mobile connections & airtel broadband. I have not seen such a bad response in other divisions of airtel. I would expect a company like airtel to make correct promises and live up to their promises. I am very unhappy with this and I am even thinking of canceling my connection. I will not recommend airtel dth to any of my friends, family or relatives after this.

Abdul Majeed

Updating the same complaint. Even after 48 hrs the installation has not happened. I tried escalating this to the nodel officers for bangalore zone but even their the response is not encouraging. They are asking me to wait for another 24 hrs to get the installation happened. It is a day light robbery - charging the customer and not providing the service. I recommend not to go for airtel digital tv just because of this installation issue. I have to recharge my previous dth connection for a month because of this delay. Because of airtel's problem I have to give out rs 130 from my pocket for recharging my older connection. Airtel should compensate this amount to me.

Airtel

Dear abdul majeed

this is to inform you that your concern has been noted and our team is eager to resolve it. In order to get to the resolution we need to get in touch with you and gather more details about the concern. However we are restricted by the absence of your contact details in your original complaint. Please share the required details with us at http://www.airtel.in/airtelpresence

we assure you that we are committed to resolving the issue to your satisfaction

regards

rakesh ranga

airtel presence (airtel customer service team)

bharti airtel ltd

airtelpresence@in.Airtel.Com

connect with us 24x7 and we will be happy to assist you with a swift resolution to your queries on all our products and services

twitter - http:/Bit.Ly/Fkcsxc

facebook - http:/On.Fb.Me/Cecyvs

Abdul Majeed

Thanks for looking at it. I have updated all my details in the compliant and I am not sure why you are not able to see it. Having seen same kind of responses for other complaints I feel that it is a standard response. I have sent you an email already with my details. I hope you will receive it.