1. Home
Shaikh Mohammed Nawazish on 31 January 2012
Share on Facebook

Residencial electricty meter converted to commercial without informing

Hi sir/Madam, we had given our 1st floor on rent and licensee is doing handwork (zari) in it. Some months back reliance energy officer DID a visit for meter reading after that we got a provisional letter from reliance energy (MIDC) with inr 0.60 rupees fine. They mention in that letter we are using our residential tariff for commercial use and after that they convert our residential meter to commercial without any information. We got to know about this when we receive novomber 2011 electricity bill. As I had spoken about this issue with consumer guidance society of india representative she told me if we are doing any handwork (zari) work without using any machine it comes in residential not a commercial has handwork comes in laghu udyog. We again spoken with reliance energy assessing officer mr. Yogesh n. Shringarpure he told us we have to pay fine of inr .60. We read the letter which we got from reliance energy in that they asking us to pay fine between 2011 to 2011 but we given our room for rent from 2011 related document we had submitted to mr. Yogesh n. Shringarpure but then also he forcing us to pay amount of inr 0.60 otherwise he will disconnect our electricity connection. Can you please reply me about this. Actually I want to know that handwork(zari) comes in commercial tariff or residential tariff. Is it possible to any electricity officer to convert or residential meter to commercial without any information. Please revert me. Your co-operation is highly appreciated.


Remove your first that bussiness from the room and then tell to electrcity person to visit at our site to see is it bussiness or residential once he confirm about the residential then give them a back-fire without any intimation and say untill an unless if you don't know the case then don't make a forward decision first think if this bussiness is under commercial then you should intimate first to make changes on the bill.