Mamta Joshi on 30 May 2018

Family members being harassed by idea cellular recovery agent

I was a customer of Idea cellular postpaid connection. I was getting huge bills and even the network connectivity for internet usage was very poor. So I decided to close down that number. I had a bill cycle of 7th of this month to 7th of next month. I paid the bill till 7th April and On 11th April I went to Idea cellular outlet where the executive told me to deposit the dues till 7th May as I had to pay for the complete bill cycle. I paid them in full and got my number disconnected the very next day. Now again in the month of May I received a bill. I called the customer care executive and they started giving me weird explanation about my internet usage. First of all the internet speed was so pathetic that I almost stopped using it and secondly if there was any pending bill till 11th why I wasn't informed at the time when I cleared the dues. And that bill is quite high in amount and they are claiming that I used that data which is not at all the truth. I sent mails with attached receipts of my final payment before disconnection but nobody is bothered. They sent me mails regarding the payment again.

And now after more than a year has passed they have started calling my parents and my husband using rude abusive language and asking to pay. I called their customer care to register a complaint but he again explained me regarding the pending payment. It was very unsatisfactory reply. He closed the complaint later. Its sheer harassment of customers.

Dear Customer

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to provide us your Idea contact number for which the issue persist along with your alternate contact number and customer executive name & number from which you've received the calls for the same to assist you further.

Lavina