Girish G on 17 August 2017

Number reallocation delay

My Idea number was deactivated on 5th Aug due to non usage. As per point 12 of the "General Terms and Conditions for Prepaid Customers" on ideas site the number can be reactivated within 15 days of deactivation. Accordingly we went to the idea store on 7th August who gave a New SIM for the same number. Though it did not get activated and idea store informed us that the CAF did not go through. We followed up with the customer care through phone mails online chat though kept getting different answers every time. Dont think any of the people whom we approached knew of the process to reactivate the number and why it could not happen.

Can somebody please help me with the reactivation of the number.

Thanks

Hi Bhikaji

Please share your idea contact number we will shortly assist you.

Simranjeet Arora.

Girish G

Hi Simran thanks for reverting. Are you are asking for the number which needs to be activated or a number to contact us since the number in question cannot be reached as it is deactivated.

Also upon my follow up with the Idea online help chat i got a response saying that the request for activation was forwarded to Idea circle head and that the number will be activated in 72 hours. I was informed about this on Friday - 18th August. The communication id for the request being progressed was given as 1-121669674811. I would not mind waiting till tomorrow morning to see if the request could be processed successfully else would get back to you for assistance.

Hi Bhikaji

Please share your idea contact number along with alternate number we will shortly apdate you.

Simranjeet Arora.

Girish G

Hi Simran

You should be able to find all the details in the communication id 1-121669674811.

Also can you please help me with the below first if you go to the below link on the idea cellular site "http://www.ideacellular.com/wps/wcm/connect/7f8200ac-7fa1-4880-9a97-0e19e2c9e071/Consumer+charter-4-may2017.pdf?MOD=AJPERES" and refer to point 12 in general terms and conditions for Prepaid customers on the page 6 is states as below -

Customers under no usage for continuous period of 90 days and having a balance more than or equal to Rs.20 Idea will Debit Rs. 20 from customers account and extend the no usage period by 30 days under AutomaticNumber Retention Scheme (ANRS). The process will continue till the time customers account balance is more than or equal to Rs. 20. If during this cycle customers account balance becomes less than Rs. 20 the number will be disconnected and customer will not be able to use the services however customer can get the same number reactivated within 15 days of disconnection by paying reactivation charges of Rs. 20. The customer can use the services during the no usage period before disconnection and in such event the number will be out of no usage

criteria.

Can you please check with your process team and let me know what is the process for handling the reactivation requests in the scenario mentioned above. I have asked this question and nobody in Idea has been able to answer for the last two weeks.

I hope that for a consumer complaint scenario mentioned in the Charter on your website there should be a defined process to handle the complaint. Can you please help me with that in the first place as i have not been able to get an answer to it.

Thanks