Kamala Gupta on 28 June 2011

Post Office non Issue of Duplicate NSC

To, dated : 28th June,2011 The Post Master, Bazar sub-Post Office, Srimadhopur-Sikar (Raj) Dear sir, Sub : Issue of duplicate certificate of NSC in lieu of lost certificate No. Ref : Application Dated With reference to the above I would like to inform you that I have applied to issue me a duplicate certificate of NSC vide application dated in lieu of lost certificate of NSC of Rs. 00/- but regret to inform you that till date I have neither received the duplicate NSC certificate nor any response from your end although sufficient time had already been elapsed. I once again request you to kindly pay your immediate attention into the matter and locate the fate of my application and issue me the duplicate certificate without any further delay. Needless to say that I have already kept patience for a long time but I can not wait and keep mum for indefinite period and round the post office. I hope your good self would take immediate action and be kind enough to issue me the duplicate certificate at the earliest and be not compelled me to agitate the matter through RTI Act and other legal forms. In this regard kindly be noted that in case I will not receive any suitable reply from your end then there will be no alternative before me but to refer the matter to the consumer court and RTI act at your entire cost and consequence. Thanking you while I solicit your quick and favorable action. Yours Faithfully, Kamala Gupta Copy to : The Post Master,Head post Office, For favour of kind information Srimadhopur and necessary action. The Superintendent of Post Office Sikar (Rajasthan) The Post Master General, General Post Office, Jaipur (Rajasthan)

B.swaminath

Kamala ji is still lucky person it is only roughly only 6 months past .In my case I lost near about 20 nscs in june 2010 and applied for the duplicate ones on 20-7-2010 after keeping in cold storage the postal authorities have returned the application on 23-11-2011 saying that I have to fill one more form no nc-54 (a). This clearly shows that nobody in the postal department clearly knows what are the forms tobe filled and what is the procedure to be followed .I am sure even the post master general or anybody for that matter knows clearly the procedure to re issue duplicate nscs .Can anybody higher officials of postal heirarchy look into this matter and specify the time frame ? I am also thinking to approach ombudsman (if any ) for redressal

B.swaminath

Sorry I forgot to inform that I am from hyderabad and the nscs are purchased from malkajgiri post office and the application was sent through postmaster malkajgiri to their head post office trimulgherry where the officials slept so far and woke up on 23-11-2011