1. Home
Sajeev Chacko on 23 February 2013
Share on Facebook

Issuing of railway concession certificate for handicapped person

My sister is handicapped with my right leg. She has the disability certificate issued from government hospital in Pune. She want to travel by train this summer. Her daughter went to the Pune railway station for booking the tickets. The person at the ticket counter told her to get the disability concession form filled and stamped by a government doctor. She went to Sassoon hospital, a government hospital, next to Pune railway station. There she was told to submit the original disability certificate issued by the same hospital without which he cannot stamp the railway concession form. I would like to know whether such a rule exist where a government employee asks for the original certificate to be submitted with a concession form. If yes, then in future how will my sister get railway concession or any other facility available for disabled person. Sajeev Chacko Beliaghata, Kolkata Email: @gmail.com Mob. : 0388 4480 (Kolkata) : 9223 0357 (Pune)

Manish Mishra

Well having a Disability certificate (DC) will not make you entitled for the the railway concession (RC). Disable person will get the RC issued from the same govt hospital from which DC was issued. Without the the original RC copy no railway concession will be given. Further one have to produce original and photocopy of the RC at the time of booking the tickets at counter. I can tell you this as I am also a handicap and have used this facility.