Pooja Parida on 04 June 2011

SBI not depositing cash of other branches

I had heard that sbi has stop taking the cash deposit of other branches and now the same has to be done at eco service counter which sbi has authorized to take cash in lieu of rs30. I visited the eco service counter for 3-4 times and couldn't succeed to deposit cash of rs4700/- Into my fathers account in sbi at jagatpur,orissa. At last I visited sbi, saket and requested them to take the cash deposit but they refused and gave me one of eco service counter visting card and told me that I should depoist it with them since they won't take the cash deposit of other branches. I went to that eco counter at saidullahjab they at 11:45 refused and told me to come on monday. This is the big time harassment in the era of it revolution and this ridiculous sbi policy should be stopped immediately and cash deposit should be taken from every sbi branch. This sbi policy will encourage touts to make money. Thanks

Sanjeev Tanwar

I agree to the above mentioned complaint and support pooja. This policy is not workable infact troubles the customers alot. People run here and there and eco counters are not supportive at all in most of the cases.

Randhir Mishra

I agree with pooja parida and it needs to be addressed as it is not service but force to pay additional charges for service which sbi should give its customer.

S C Nayak

You are 100% right. Sbi eco counter not only charging more but also violating the principles of banking rules.

It is strongly recomended to file a pil against sbi.

Ranjeet Kumar

I endorse the views put forth by puja & others as the above problem has been faced by me also. Morover branch like sbi green park extension new delhi has displayed a notice stating that due to shortage of staff they will not entertain transactions of the customers of other branches.