Nishant Agarwal on 22 November 2012

Ticket cancellation money not refunded by Goibibo

I booked a bus ticket from bangalore to belgaum which had to depart on 19th nov'12 at 10pm. I booked it on 18th nov'12 afternoon. Just after a couple of minutes of booking, I needed to cancel the ticket because of personal reasons. As there is no cancellation option available on the website, I called them up and requested them to cancel my ticket. They told me that 23% cancellation charges are applicable and rest will be refunded. I was fine with this. In the evening of 18th nov, I checked for the status of the ticket and it was still showing confirmed. I called them up again and they repeated the same conversation with more promises. It happened two more times the next day. I talked to ashok, pranav etc. The names I can recall. On 19th nov, the bus travels were calling me to come board the bus as they didn't receive any cancellation request from goibibo. I was shocked to hear this, so I called them up, a little angry this time to enquire. They repeated the same thing and today is 22nd nov, I haven't received any positive response from their end. They put me on long holds for 10 minutes or even more every time, and the customer care number is not toll free. I wasted at least 100 rupees in calling goibibo just for the sake of cancellation of one ticket and still no response from their side. Please let me know how can I go against them. Your help would be greatly appreciated.