Aspi Shroff on 15 November 2012

Houseful furniture delivery problems

Kind attention – housefull international ltd. - Grievances team calling for attention for a senior executive. It is with deep regret and unpleasant disposition that I am forced to write this mail. I am a customer who has bought goods worth rs. 20/- From housefull international ltd. At mega mall, oshiwara. My purchase date was as below: oct. 24th 2012 – hdc no. 4453 – delivery date on 12th nov. 2012 – 4 door wardrobe and valour chest of drawers oct. 26th 2012 – hdc no. 4485 – delivery date on 12th nov. 2012 – 2 door wardrobe ataff at the outlet assured me that the delivery will be done on 12th nov. And assembly on 13th or 14th. Even being diwali and new year they are working and we will have no problem. I proceeded on my holiday thinking that I will receive delivery on 12th nov. 012. I made cheque payments for the purchases. The cheques were cleared on 30th oct. As per my bank account statement. On returning back to mumbai, I enquired with housefull team on tel no. 022 – 9800 regarding the delivery status of my furniture. I was shocked to be informed by ms. Roopali that hdc no. 4453 will be delivered to me on 12th nov. But as the payment for hdc no. 4485 is still not cleared I will not receive the furniture till payment. I tried explaining that according to me the same was cleared. Hence started my nightmare in true bollywood movie fashion with lies, more lies, deep promises, 100% guarantees about delivery etc. After about 2 more calls to roopali I was informed that yes the payment was debited from my account on 30th oct. But it failed to show in their accounts hence was showing uncleared and hence product not dispatched on 12th nov. According to the bill receipt with me it clearly mentions that “ change in delivery schedule shall be informed at least 48 hrs in advance. Don’t you think the staff should have checked out the deliveries due on 12th nov. And resolved any problems if there. On pointing out that it is not my mistake, I was ensured delivery on 13th nov. I again called up and spoke to roopali on 13th nov. She ensured me that the delivery will be done on 13th nov. I DID not receive it till 3.00 p.M. Again I called she told me again that it has been dispatched and I should be receiving it by 6.00 p.M.. again I called at 6.00 p.M. She told me I will surely receive it by 8.00 p.M. Again I called her at 7.30 p.M. And asked that if you close at 8.00 whom should I follow up with? she said do not worry the product will be delivered tonight even at 0.00 p.M. Or tomorrow morning surely. By then I had lost faith on what she was saying because I could make out that she is lying. I asked to speak to the delivery manager and I was transferred to mr. Shaikh azam to whom I related the whole saga. To my great shock and surprise he told me that the delivery of my product has still not been undertaken at all. It is still lying with the warehouse only and I am being lied at. I was furious by then. I asked him to check with roopali and she told him that she is trying. Mr shaikh azam then told me honestly that no delivery will be done on 13th as the warehouse is closed and all the staff is aware of the same. Infact he was shocked that how roopali committed to me for delivery knowing very well that warehouse is closed and no drivers are delivering. He ensure me that this is gross deviation and he will check with the concerned staff member. He also informed me that he will check for 14th nov. Delivery and call me. I again called up on 14th nov. I was now assured by mr. Shaikh azam himself that madam today 14th nov. You will surely receive the delivery. I kept waiting the whole day and nobody came to delivery anything. I am very very very disappointed. In the meantime I touched based with mr. Mohsin – megha mall outlet manager. He was shocked by the attitude. He called up the warehouse and informed me that no delivery is being done but still provided me the driver number. When I called up the driver ashok and his partner they flatly refused that no delivery will be done on 14th and 15th and even the call people, managers everybody is aware of the same. Today I again called up the driver on 7180 and spoke to mr. Ashok, he took pity on me since I am calling for so many days and asked me my product name. Then he informed me that the product is available with him but no papers are given to him hence he cannot deliver. I am surprised. How can they be given the product but no papers. I again called up housefull customer service on 9800 and informed the person about the problem. I provided him the driver’s mobile no. And asked him to call and speak to him. After speaking to the driver the customer team person ensured me that the problem is resolved and the delivery will be done today. I myself spoke to mr. Ashok and he is still skeptical and not sure whether he will deliver or not as he does not have the papers. My question is how can we rely on a team which lies? who likes to be told lies after lies? commitments done but not kept to? because of this my entire leave was wasted – 12th, 13th and 14th nov. I am writing this letter to expose the shoddy way of working right from the sales man who sold me the furniture to the customer exe and manager who has no idea what they are committing to the customer. There is no follow up and customer satisfaction. Another problem: in the meantime I recd. Delivery of hdc no. 4453 –4 door wardrobe and valour chest of drawers. I asked for assembly of the same. The assembly person mr. Pradeep came on 13th nov. On opening the package he realized that in the chest of drawers one of the “panel g” was damaged and needed replacement. I again placed a complaint no – cc7/0912/899. I was informed that I will receive replacement of the panel but the staff silvia was not sure on the exact date. I asked what is the procedure. She informed me that a log needs to be logged with the warehouse and it will take 7 to 10 days for replacement. This for a product that I have already paid for. See the irony . Today is 16th nov. And I spoke to ms. Asha. She informs me that the complaint call still needs to be logged with the warehouse. The person responsible still needs to come and so and so and etc. And I may receive the product by 22nd or even after. We cannot commit. Is it the my fault that I recd. A damaged piece. There is no empathy being demonstrated. There are only vague replies. There is no sympathy for the torture that a customer is being put through. I am really sorry I bought furniture from housefull. In future I will not step into your shop even if you give a 75% sale. Because I cannot face the stress and tension that your staff has displayed. I will also make it my life’s mission to stop anyone from buying furniture from housefull as I would not want anybody to go through the torture that I am going through as well as make the 100s of phone calls that I have made. If this email is being viewed by somebody in authority, I would appreciate a call. But I guess it is asking for too much. Till now the most shoddy treatment is meted out to me so I cannot keep any expectations. I request strict action against roopali so that no other customer is treated like this. My entire day of 13th nov. Was wasted. Neither could I go anywhere for dinner / Movie as I was assured repeatedly by her that I will receive delivery and I need to stay at home. This is when there were no deliveries being done on 13th on account of diwali!!! a very very disgruntled customer, aspi and khushnam shroff mobile - 7183

Mohini

Dear ms. Shroff

as per our telephonic conversation we will send a polish person in a week time to resolve your concern issue.

Thanks and regards

sunita

Mohini

Dear ms. Shroff

as per our telephonic conversation your concern issue is resolved.

Looking forward to serve you better.

Thanks and regards

sunita

Niladri

I had bought some furnitures from this housefull on 10 th oct'2012.Within 1 month of purchase the sofa's cushion cover was torn off due to faulty sewing and I had raised a compplaint against it cc2/112/3258. But no action has so far been taken no mechanic even came from the marathalli store.

I just caution all prospective customers against this housefull as they not only sell sub-standard furnitures but also quality of their service(!!!)is pathetic.

Niladri

9538185185

Angshumanghosh

I recommend you ask for a refund and return your purchases immediately. Having experienced similar grievances with this company don't hesitate to get in touch with senior staff members. Their names and email addresses are available in the public domain. They are far more receptive to consumer's concerns than customer service email dept store managers sales staff etc. Also please have written documentation to support all follow-ups and claims. If they continue to be evasive I recommend you contact the business media and make sure your complaint is logged on every consumer forum site available in this country.

Roshan

There are so many furniture stores. But I like housefull the most. It was difficult to get good furniture for a good rate. They gave me a great deal for some lovely furniture. It was a great experience with housefull..