R R Kothari on 25 October 2012

Food prices higher in railways

I was travelling from mumbai cst to jalna by 17617/Tapovan express on 22nd october 2012 - booked through irctc transaction ID - 5270 pnr no. 5920 in ac chair car c1 - seat no. 23 - there was food which was available from the pantry car - I ordered vegetable cutlets for breakfast which was served by the person of boons catering services. When he asked for the payment of rs. .00, I requested the bill for the same which he flat refused to provide, so I asked him to produce the menu card or rate card which also he refused to produce. Please note that I have been travelling by trains all around the country and am aware that the rate cards are to be produced by the contracted caterers when asked for, and that the price of vegetable cutlet fixed by the railways is surely not rs.55.00 on, further looking into the matter this person of boons catering was adhocly chargeing anywhere from rs. 0.00 to rs. 0.00 from different passengers for the same item. The irctc and the railways should look into the outright fleecing of the passengers by the contracted caterers.